Bosch washer door lock won't lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My almost new Bosch [clothes] washer isn't able to lock its door. It tries three little time with an electric sound and then it stops. Is there a part that I can change easily ? It there something that I can do ?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Mine did exactly the same thing. I "fixed" it by opening the round access plate on the front. There is a bright plastic cable hooked inside. I released it so it is hanging loose, and the door locks now. This cable is called the "latch release cable" in a parts diagram. I'm not sure what it does or why releasing it corrected the problem. I believe it may be for releasing the latch when the power fails during a wash cycle. I may call Bosch and see if I can get more information.

If it's nearly new then phone Bosch and have them repair it. Watch what the engineer does and even ask him what the problem was. Handy information for the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back