Problem Dropping Water Pressure -Vokera 20-80 RS Automatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently having to top up the Water Pressure on my Vokera boiler daily:

I have the Hot Water Thermostat set to 9 (max) and the Heating Thermostat set to 2 / 3.

In the morning the pressure tends to have dropped to 0 - if I put it up to 1.5 (the top of normal recommended) when out of timed heating periods then it is ok for a while.

If the Heating thermostat is set higher than 3, the pressure jumps to to almost 3bar (shut off level) once the timed heating kicks in. Keeping it at 2/3 leaves it at an above normal reading of 2 Bar. Once the timed heating period is finished it drops steadily to 0 again.

If the heating is higher than 2 / 3 then the shower tends to go cold frequently, with bursts of intense heat.

Is there anything I can do? Or is it just gubbed and needing an expert.

Please note: I have bled the radiators and checked the joints of the above floor pipework and found no leaks. I do not have access to beneath the floor to check there tho...

Any help much appreciated! :(

Sponsored Links
Gonna cost you an absolute fortune, second mortgage at least.

However, Slugbabydotcom will tell you how to save a fortune shortly.

Sponsored Links
Flowmatic pressure vessel rarely fails. More like the boiler needs a service. By service I mean a proper service not an operational check. Very reliable boiler which just chugs along to eventually stop when it is not looked after.

I am in Glasgow (Bearsden) and regularly repair these boilers (which there are plenty in Glasgow)

DP,

Thanks for your reply - what is the best way to set up an appointment for a service; do you have a web site?

Also; I realise that you would not know the full extent of the work required until you see the boiler, but based on the symptoms can you give me a best guesstimate of the total cost for this service (worst case \ best case) ?

Finally; I live in a flat and as such do not have direct access to the water tank and also don't have a hatch for the basement. What is the likliehood of you having to go below the floorboards or up to the hot water tank?

I concede that there are other possibilties eg PRV or a leak but I will leave you in DP's very capable hands on this one as he is more au fait with these boilers than I am.
Hopefully he wont mind me giving you the following information from one of his previous posts
Look in Yellowpages (North) for Rannoch Services

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back