Header tank full but not filling up the system!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, my header tank is full but it's not filling up the system and I have no hot water or heating :cry:

Sponsored Links
AHA! Sounds familiar, same problem a couple of years ago. The answer is pretty obvious really. A load of crud in the pipe from the Tank to the system. My was so bad that when I drained the heating system to install a new rad the water in the header tank stayed put!!
Remedy,clean the thing out. Try using a net curtain wire down the feed pipe from the tank, a long one.
Then drain and clean the whole system.

eddie

Depending on what the blockage is, you may need to cut out and replace a section of pipe. The usual blockage point is near where the feed pipe joins the circulation pipes.

Sponsored Links
Cleared one two days ago by sucking at the vent pipe with a cheap water vac, not for the first time. It can be thick jelly-like gunge.
Sometimes it'll clear by connecting the mains to the feed pipe(shoots crud up the vent)
Sometimes excision is the only solution!

ChrisR";p="233624 said:
Cleared one two days ago by sucking at the vent pipe with a cheap water vac, not for the first time. It can be thick jelly-like gunge.
Sometimes it'll clear by connecting the mains to the feed pipe(shoots crud up the vent)
Sometimes excision is the only solution![/quote

drain the header tank and moved some pipe work. Now the fov is not running in the header or f and e. I've put the cold in the hot and ran it but still no hope. The header willing up from the expansion pipe??????
Please help

I drain the header tank and moved some pipe work. Now the fov is not running in the header or f and e. I've put the cold in the hot and ran it but still no hope. The header willing up from the expansion pipe??????
Please help B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back