Lead piping to copper piping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
kevplumb.....your a gentleman. Your input is greatly appreciated. You are officially my new best mate ;)

doitall, I'll bear you in mind mate.....but you'd have to charge me petrol too ....I'm in the Midlands. Don't take it the wrong way, but I'll try closer to home 1st :)

Glad I found this place.....with my diy skills no doubt I will be back.

All the best guys.

gilln1 said:
kevplumb.....your a gentleman. Your input is greatly appreciated. You are officially my new best mate ;)

doitall, I'll bear you in mind mate.....but you'd have to charge me petrol too ....I'm in the Midlands. Don't take it the wrong way, but I'll try closer to home 1st :)

Glad I found this place.....with my diy skills no doubt I will be back.

All the best guys.

I jest with my mate KevPlumb.

Although I have rolled thousands of lead joints, the practice is banned now.

The other small problem is our rates, it would be cheaper to get an army of Paddy's to dig the trench and replace the pipe. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
doitall said:
Although I have rolled thousands of ... joints, the practice is banned now.
Ahh, those were the days.....:cool:

Yes Chris you are right there. :LOL:

Used to spend days in the workshop during bad weather when we couldn't work outside, making lead tails of different sizes for basin, bath etc for use throughout the year.

had a gert big cauldron, and used to melt all the old lead down for re-use.

Should add it was gas fired :eek: town gas that is :eek:

Locked, we were slow on this one, it was started in 2005

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back