AEG oven installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdo geezers,I'm replacing an old gas cooker with a built under electric oven.The only Kw rating I can see is inside oven on label= 3Kw.I\\\'m using 6mm2 cable,a 45amp double pole sw.,and a cooker terminal outlet.Do you think this is overkill for a 3kw oven?
In AEG info it states min cable size 2.5mm2, min fuse 15a, max 20a.
I'm a little confused as there seems to be a lot of talk about connecting via 13 amp plug to ring main socket.Why would AEG not fit a plug to oven rather than a terminal block if it was this easy?
Cheers Corn.

Sponsored Links
cornholio said:
.Why would AEG not fit a plug to oven rather than a terminal block if it was this easy?
Cheers Corn.

ask AEG, i would guess its to save money on them buying / making plug tops, think about it, plug top, 50p now multiply that by number of ovens @3kw they make, lot of money isnt it?

Maybe you bought the same AEG oven as me. In the brochure it stated 13A and gave the impression a plug would be fitted. However, on receiving it, it has the same requirement as yours.

It's not overkill: someone might want it swapped for a double oven later and thank you for the provision now.

The best advice I had was to use 6mm from the cooker switch to oven via outlet as 6mm was already in place from CU to cooker switch (would be 10mm all the way otherwise). And swap the cooker MCB for a 16A or 20A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back