conservatory leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, just has a conservatory fitted, by a reputable company, fantastic job, i paid them, but weeks later its leaking water, fitters have now been out on 4 seperate times to repair, and still leaking, where the roof meets the house wall, they used what i think is lead flashing .

i think now they have given up on me, not answering phonecall or repling to messages left, it suppose to have a 10 year gaurantee, please can anyone help, what do i need to do. this is really getting me down.

Sponsored Links
J. If they are a member of a trade body such as the GGF, or you have a copy of the warrenty so you can see who it is insured with, try that route.

If not, it might be worth physically going to see them (Be nice at this stage), and get them to actually explain what they think the problem is, and how you can all get round it.)

Woody

Hi julieanns

What you need to do is prepare for a dispute with this company, as follows:

1. Start and keep a diary of events, work, conversations and telephone calls.

2. Write to the contractor, setting out what you believe is unsatisfactory about the work done. Leave out ALL emotion; for example, don't say that you're disappointed. Concentrate on what the contract was for, and in what way the result doesn't measure up. Be polite, but firm - give them a reasonable deadline by which they must rectify all defects with the work. Point out that you would prefer to resolve the situation amicably, but that you are aware of your rights under the provisions of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, and that you are giving them the opportunity to put things right before incurring any further expenses.

Please be assured that the law is on your side. Keep up the dialogue on this site and you'll get more help with this. Most disputes, however, are resolved without having to resort to litigation.

it might be a lot less hassle to get some flashband and do it yourself it works a treat although its a bit tricky then send them a bill that way youll have a dry conservatory and they will be delighted to have you off their back

Sponsored Links
johnwilson said:
it might be a lot less hassle to get some flashband and do it yourself it works a treat although its a bit tricky then send them a bill that way youll have a dry conservatory and they will be delighted to have you off their back

wouldn't that make the 'so called' gaurantee void?? bit like taking the back off a new tv and poking around with a screw driver..... even if you fix the problem...

HI, the company have have out lots of times, done all sorts, still leaking,
as of today, they think it is coming through the bricks as high as the house goes, i am now awaiting them to up with another suggestion to fix it. they have has the trims off, ceiling panels out, put sealant in , trims back on, sealant on the bricks above. and still leaking, anybody out there with any suggestions onhow to fix this ongoing problem. ???

hi, sure , i have images, but how do a attached images ?[/img][/url]

blondini is spot on.......he says maybe you need.......I`d remove the maybe.... and the link is a good`un

I'm wondering why this has just started happening now. I think we need more information about this before concluding that a cavity tray is the answer, especially considering how difficult it would be to retro-fit!

rustus said:
I'm wondering why this has just started happening now. I think we need more information about this before concluding that a cavity tray is the answer, especially considering how difficult it would be to retro-fit!
cavity trays should be fitted over any opening...using that premise...leaving them out is a standard cost cutting exercise :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back