Ideal Elan Fuse blows when switched to High

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. Please can you help me with a problem with my Ideal Elan boiler. During the summer I have had it switched to the low setting however now it is winter I have switched it back to high. The problem is that when I switched it to high it blew the fuse. I changed the fuse and it blew again. I changed the setting to low and replaced the fuse but this time it was ok. I tried to switch it back to high but it blew the fuse again. The boiler is now running on low but I would like to sort this problem out as I believe the house feels colder on the low setting. Do I need a service engineer or is it something I can do my self? Thanks Terry

Sponsored Links
What does the high/low switch connect to? If you can answer this question, you can possibly repair it yourself. If you can't answer the question, you definitely need to get a boiler engineer in.

I had the same problem on a thorn apollo it was faulty wirring on the high stat it had burnt out and was touching the heat exchanger. 3amp fuse kept blowing so fitted 13 amp and wires sparked showing were the fault was. Some heat resistant cable and ceramic cable connecters and the job was done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back