TOYOTA RAV4 remote central locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remote control for central locking suddenly stopped working, its a 2 button unit,lights up when you hold it down but no reaction. Have also tried spare also no reaction. put new batteries in both but still no luck.All doors still automatically open and lock by key in drivers door. :cry: HELP! :cry:

Sponsored Links
hi, probably needs reprogramming.
easily done by following a few commands

Sorted it.
This is how.

Seperate each fob (make sure car is unlocked first)

With the fob side with the battery on disconnected from the side with the buttons on, press the buttons one after the other lock - unlock - lock - unlock for about 10secs as fast as you can (this discharges the fob)

Rebuild each key fob

Stand at the drivers window and press and hold the lock button for 10 secs & then 1 single press of the unlock button and it should code :D :D

I've had the very same problem, unfortunately I had my car broken into before I found this site, but at least now its re-programmed and its peace of mind. (And it didn't cost me Toyotas' extortionate fees). Thank you! :D

Sponsored Links
I've had the very same problem, unfortunately I had my car broken into before I found this site, but at least now its re-programmed and its peace of mind. (And it didn't cost me Toyotas' extortionate fees). Thank you! :D

Back