AWB Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved house which has what I'm told is a very old combi boiler (awb Thermo Master) althought it works quite well it is noisy... I belive its the fan bearings that are worn! Is it possible to change these parts? If so where can they be obtained? and is this a job for the above average DIY er?

Sponsored Links
AWB still exist (now part of Vaillant group) but it might be difficult to find spares since there are so few AWBs in UK (they're a Dutch company).

However some very good boiler engineers will know ways of refurbishing the old fan, or replacing it with a generic one. But finding a very good engineer could be a problem...

Fan replacement is not a DIY job since the fan is part of the gas combustion process and should only be tackled by someone who is competent to carry out that task.

If he contacts me quickly via my email in my profile, I can cover Coventry.

However, I do not really think he is looking for professional help!

He should also be aware that that is a pretty old boiler and really should be replaced.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back