potterton prima 60F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you help, boiler does not fire up, have changed air pressure switch.
when you blow down the red tube connected to the flu, the boiler fires up but keeps going on and off untill a little warmed up then stays on but does not come back on in the morning on timer. the fan is going round but could the prob be fan not working properly,
John

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem with a Prima 50F boiler (see my question). I'll let you know the out come when I've solved the problem, but at the moment it looks more like a dry joint or a sticking relay on the PCB. I thought the problem was the pressure switch because of exactly the symptoms you describe, but my boiler works fine if you turn the room stat up and allow it to cycle on the boiler stat, but as soon as the room stat turns it off, or it shuts off on the timer, it won't start again.

John11 said:
can you help, boiler does not fire up, have changed air pressure switch.
when you blow down the red tube connected to the flu, the boiler fires up but keeps going on and off untill a little warmed up then stays on but does not come back on in the morning on timer. the fan is going round but could the prob be fan not working properly,
John
hope i have explained my problem well but it does sound like a air pressure problem if blowing down the tube activates the pressure switch, but what is causing the problem.
John

Possible the flue is corroded, go get a torch and have a look at the state of the internal tube in the flue.

Sponsored Links
I don't believe it, it fired up this morning on the timer, and its the 1st morning since it packed up that its not been frosty, also the fan was pumping out the fumes pretty well, so do you think it is something to do with the flue, and if so what do i need to do.

Thanks,
John

Dangerous boilers, don't go into them, get a corgi registered guy in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back