Do I need an EPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Just put the house up for sale. The agent says I need an EPC but its only 2 years since I moved in and it had one then, I understand they last 10 yrs so wonder if I can leave it? Anyone know?
Another thing to add is the house now has a new boiler so presumably the rating can go up so maybe its worth it for that reason????

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You don't need another one, further more your agent (if he wasn't trying to pull a fast one, can just get a copy online. In fact anyone can. People take them with a pinch of salt anyway they're a load of baloney. If you really wanted to get a new one though you can get one done yourself by finding your own assessor for about £40.

Ta. There is a local company that do them for £39 I just found out. The estate agent wanted £85. Still not sure if its worth having a new one, it may help with the sale and £39 not a lot in the grand scheme of things but not sure anyones going to care a less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back