Windy Days

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After trying to study why my HW does not run correctly (i.e it will run ok then the boiler will shut itself down and then restart....and so on leaving a bath cold) it appears this only happens on winter windy days.

Sponsored Links
And?????

Dont give much away do you?

I don't know what else you want me to say...........I have a falcon 2 combi and every time its windy the CH and HW is effected in the way that the boiler keeps starting up and shuting down as though the pilot light keeps getting blown out........leaving the hot water/Central heating not getting chance to run ?? Is it a case of the wind just blowing through the cowl or I think I may have read about dirt in the fans ! ! ! but hey, I no expert, that's why I am here !!!!!

FLues are often put together wrongly. You need a corgi to check it. He will need the manufacurer's instructions which you should have. If you don't, get a new set from ferroli.

Sponsored Links
A corgi registered man installed 2 years ago for me using the instuctions, so I would of thought he would of put it together correctly.....wouldn't he ? Do you think the wind may effect the performance ?

Marty100 said:
A corgi registered man installed 2 years ago for me using the instuctions, so I would`ve thought he put it together correctly.....wouldn't he ? Do you think the wind may effect the performance ?
Not necesarily :cry: may have been CORGI but not in the job long.........there may be an unusual pressure zone round the flue terminal...Sorry I`m not CORGI but had experience of pressure zone on a block of flats I maintained once.10 fires had to be removed :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back