Boiling Potterton NetaHeat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my Potterton NetaHeat 10/16 Mk II has been intermittently failing to turn off when the water gets too hot - resulting in boiling and panic :eek:. My attempts to fix have been a long story but bottom line is thermostat replaced twice, relay cleaned (replacement on order), and water drained, refilled and treated. No luck - this morning it boiled again. Any ideas? I'm tearing my hair out, especially with the weather as it is!

Sponsored Links
You can of course fit the thermostat wrongly - but you may have circulation problems.

If you mess with Netaheats they can mess with you - they're dangerous. If you're not a corgi then get one and stop using the boiler in the meantime.

I'm not a Corgi but I do have a modicum of common sense. The first replacement thermostat was fitted by a Corgi, the second by me. On both occasions it worked most of the time (the problem here is intermittent).

I would appreciate a little more detail. Could you expand upon what you mean by 'circulation problems' - do you mean anything more that the obvious?

[code:1]I do have a modicum of common sense[/code:1]

So do we. If you made a mistake when you changed your thermostat your boiler could now be one of the killer Netaheats. If you can't see how, then you shouldn't be using it.

I haven't spent 4000-odd posts telling people not to touch their boilers. Please take heed.

Sponsored Links
I will take your advice, thank you.

Does anyone have any practical ideas that might help the qualified engineer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back