Whirlpool AWM 6100/s stops mid cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, having problems with my washing machine, for a day or two it has made a real growling/clicking noise whilst spinning and today it stopped completely mid wash. When it stopped these lights were flashing - Wash, Pause, 0 and 100 (on the spin speed display). Any ideas would be gratefully received! Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
Take the belt off and turn the drum and the motor shaft by hand to see which is making the noise. If the motor is clicking you probably need a new motor as it will most likely be a loose commutator segment. If the drum is clicking it may just be something caught between the inner and outer drums.

if it stopped full of water then the noise you heard may have been your pump on it's last legs. reset the cycle and select drain only and see what happens. if it drains o.k. then it may not be the pump, and fido will probably be right.

Sponsored Links
cudbina said:
Hi, having problems with my washing machine, for a day or two it has made a real growling/clicking noise whilst spinning and today it stopped completely mid wash. When it stopped these lights were flashing - Wash, Pause, 0 and 100 (on the spin speed display). Any ideas would be gratefully received! Thank you!!

Hi,
My machine recently developed the same problem. Did you get it fixed? If yes, how, what was broken and how much did it cost?
Thanks,
Phri

=====================================
phri, please read the forum rules.

cudbina, only made 1 post and that was 7 months ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back