installing 6 gang,2 way switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to install this in my garage to control lights in garage and add various lights in garden area. eg decking lights,lanterns,ornamental etc.. is this straight forward, please help.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

As is the requirement for you to notify LABC in advance about this work, should you be concerned about adhering to the law.

colesy, a few notes about switch wiring (if you didn't know already). You will have a permenant live and neutral pair coming in. permenant live goes to ALL of the COM terminals. ALL of the neutrals need to be connected together in a seperate block somehow. connect the switched lives to the L1 terminals of the switches. And label the switches, or it could get rather confusing . . .

(my advice only applies to one way wiring and assumes all lights are on same circuit or protective device)

Sponsored Links
colesy said:
i want to install this in my garage to control lights in garage and add various lights in garden area. .................................................... please help.

Not wishing to sound (sorry can't think of the word) I suggest you get several quotes from suitably qualified electricians, as from what you have written you have no idea what so ever about:

How to do the job

The "new" building regulations (part p)

The actual work involved

How ever i would suggest you offer to "do the donkey work" i.e dig trenches for cables etc, this will save you a lot of money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back