More touch remote problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, Also bought this type of dimmer- http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Systems/TouchRemote.htm just the master-even drew a diagram of old wiring. But as the dimmer does not have a common ive struggled to replace it with the same method as the previous switch where the live was \\\'bridged\\\' from common, from one side of the switch to the other. I have the one side working but when i bring the live accross to the other side of the dimmer with a bit of wire the wall lights are always ON, and will not swich off- if i take the \\\'bridge live wire off\\\' there is no power to that side of the dimmer and if i bridge live to the slave terminal the neither side works. Heres what ive done (on the link)- what am i doing wrong., any ideas. ( i know nothing, but getting there!) Thanks
http://www.rebmatt.co.uk/dimmer.jpg

Sponsored Links
Right here goes:

I take it you have got 3 live conductors at the switch (ie, 1x Permanent Live / 2x Switch Live / one to your wall light(s) and the other to the ceiling light)

From your drawing, 2 gang switch

Connect Permanent Live to (L) and "bridge" over to other side (L).

Wall Light switch wire to (N) Left Hand Side

Ceiling Light switch wire to (N) Right Hand Side

Now from the pictures provided that should work, slave terminal (S) only comes into play if you have multiple switches.

If this does not work.......maybe its faulty or has to be programmed????

right thanks i will give that ago, there are actually 3 red and one switch live cable so that will leave me one red cable too many (using the ceiling swich cable only) I will give it a crack and let you know,
thanks
Steve.

Sponsored Links
yes i think it is - there is another switch in the room (that more than likely i will disconnect anyway as it serves little purpose in its position )

I78, thanks for the info. Connected it it just as you said and hey presto all systems GO!
Thankyou for taking the trouble to set me straight- thanks again.
Steve :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back