Re: poor circulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a recently refurbished 1600 sq ft house, The potterton suprima is located in the utility room at the bottom of the garden, Basically only the smaller rads work in the house and the larger ones are poor, bearing in mind that these are 3 years old, there is no zoning on the system and i have a gate valve on the return of the HW set at 180deg anti clock to reduce the flow to it because of its minimum resistance to allow greater flow to the rads, the flow and return is 3/4 qualpex plastic pipe and the maifold for the rads is located in the airing cupboard upstairs, the distance between the manifold and the boiler is 9 meters horizontal + 2.5 meter horizontal, the pump is located .5 meter from the boiler, when the boiler is switched on it runs for 5 min then thermostat cuts in, after about a min of running the return begins to get hot as if the flow is backing up the return, I think that there is an obstruction somewhere and i am going to isolate the upstairs rads and downstairs rads and the hot water cylinder, drain down the system and connect a hose pipe to the flow in the utility room and connect a pipe to the return then turn on the tap and measure the flow in the return for the copper cylinder first, if this is bad then i know that my primary flow and return is blocked, or if its good i will check the radiator circuits, I would like any ideas on this please. Thanks

please note 5 in forum rules, please see 10a to correct it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back