Air but no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I opened the bleeder valve, I hear the air coming out and then stop but no water comes out. Should I see water coming out immediately after the air stops or does it take time for the water to come out. I had one of the valves open for about 1 minute after the air stopped. I have good pressure, It reads on the boiler it is at about 13 -15 psi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

THANKS

Sponsored Links
I think a little more info is required here.
Boiler type
sealed or open
Etc.
If you have air rushing out of your rads under pressure it can only be water pressure, so water should splutter out mixed with air and then water only.

I have a Teledyne Lars Hot Water Boiler, and it is a sealed system. I hope this answers your question.

Sponsored Links
If your guage is reading 15psi after what you describe i would suspect the guage was sticking,best drain down the system if the guage still reads pressure then replace it , if it reads 0 refill and try again .:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back