Indesit W161 Drain/Spin Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My machine seems to have difficulty draining and/or spinning. I have inspected the pump for socks/coins/elephants and found it to be clear.

The program dial begins to advance after a wash and just goes round and round. I have checked the hoses also for blockages/kinks & they are clear. I have read through similar posts on the site and think my next step is to check contacts & possibly replace the brushes on the motor. Is this right or does anyone have a better idea? :idea:

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
yes, check brushes by all means, but also check if outlet hose has not moved - when i was in my old house, the outlet pipe went straight outside through a hole in the wall then had to go "up" before it went "down" to the drain so the water would drain out effectively - the winter wind used to dislodge my already rickety stick which held the pipe "up" and when the pipe wasnt elevated enough, the washer refused to empty and because it would not empty, it refused to spin (safety mechanism so it wouldnt bounce around the kitchen) to empty.

with your dial going around and around you must take note of the start light to see what sequence it is flashing. whatch it for a while and it will have a clear routine which will diagnose the fault that it thinks it has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back