Radiators dont go cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler has developed a strange problem in that no matter what setting my time clock or thermostat is on my radiators remain hot. The boiler says it is still on standby, but the only way to get them back cold again is by turning the boiler off totally. Firstly am I going to damage the boiler by switching it on and off frequently, secondly does anyone have any ideas about what the fault could possibly be? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Probably a fault on the thermostat. Your thermostat is telling your boiler to keep the heating on despite the temperature being too high.

Sponsored Links
Lee1234 said:
My combi boiler has developed a strange problem in that no matter what setting my time clock or thermostat is on my radiators remain hot. The boiler says it is still on standby, but the only way to get them back cold again is by turning the boiler off totally. Firstly am I going to damage the boiler by switching it on and off frequently, secondly does anyone have any ideas about what the fault could possibly be? Thanks in advance!

Eddy90
Have you fixed your fault, my Combi 80 does the same and I have tried replacing both the Overheat and frost Thermostats but still the Radiators and Boiler are exceeding the Room Stat temp?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back