Double Glazing Kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a temporary double glazing kit? I remember about 10 years ago I bought such a kit from B&Q. It came with polythene plastic and a double sided sticky tape which I stuck over the window frame. Then used a hair drier to tighten up the polythene. It worked a treat. It was made by Polycel but they no longer do make. They sold it off to a company called Link Line, but they've discontinued them. B&Q and Homebase no longer store it :cry:

Don't know what to do, esp. when we're about to get a cold one this winter.

Please help. :confused:

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
ahhh student days!..it was nothing more fancy than "cling film" and double sided tape, both still avalible. For realy good "double glazeing" tho it cuts out more light use bubble plastic sheets!

sidecar_jon said:
ahhh student days!..it was nothing more fancy than "cling film" and double sided tape, both still avalible. For realy good "double glazeing" tho it cuts out more light use bubble plastic sheets!

Thank you for a quick response. I've got some 2mm polythene and double-sided stick tape and it has worked a treat!

Thanks again.:cool:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

masona said:
I remember having them years ago but the only one I know of now is these type

Thanks man! I have decided to go cheap for now as I'll be getting those patio doors double glazed in the spring anyway!

Cheers :cool:

Sponsored Links
Stormguard is the best make- do a search on ebay

loads of sellers available selling this stuff.

You can get a temporary double glazing kit, from J mart. I think it's 9.99 for 9 m. cheaper for 4.5 m. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back