Quartz patio heater lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just bought two 1200watt patio heater lights, these lights have plugs on but I want to hard wire them with an outdoor switch, any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
use outdoor sockets, you can not use light switches to turn them on with as they will be too small (rating) you can use a switched FCU for each one though

breezer, if he uses 10amp light switches, i cant see a problem.

my 1000th post! i cant believe i have been here so long :confused:

to do list: get a life ;)

BTW, sorry for the partial hi-jack there, im excited for some reason :eek:

agreed, but most people think a lightswitch is a lightswitch is a lightswitch

Sponsored Links
And some people think that with all the death and destruction being caused by global warming (and you aint seen nuttin yet), outdoor heating is positively obscene.

Do the world a favour, and cable them up with bell wire, and instead of a switch just have bare cable ends that you twist together.

ban-all-sheds said:
Do the world a favour, and cable them up with bell wire, and instead of a switch just have bare cable ends that you twist together.
why?

i was thinking of getting an infra-red heater for instant heat in our conservatory, the air conditioner takes a good 15 mins to reach temperature (5 mins before it even turns the fan on)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back