Soil pipe damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Removig an old path and damaged the soil pipe exiting the house. There is a 2" by 1" chunk missing on top, but thought I could cement a section of pipe over it. When I ran the kitchen sink I saw water escaping from a radial crack. The crack is only about 2" from the foundation and the surrounding material between the crack and foundation is is very hard. Can a repair be made?

Sponsored Links
If it is encased in the footings & is not easy to get at to cut out a section to repair, then you could try digging around the pipe & wrapping it with Denso tape & then if it's holding water encase it in concrete.

Thanks Keego.

I looked up Denso tape and it seems to be used for iron/steel pipes. Can I still use it on a stone type soil pipe?

Yes.same stuf as Sylglas weatherproof tape ;) covers anything

Sponsored Links
The crach is very close to the foundation, so will need the foundation concrete to be recessed to enable tape to join both parts of the pipe. If I cut out say 200mm of pipe is there an internal sleeve I could pipe into the pipe?

A company called Hunter sell sell a "drain connector - soil to drain finned". It looks like it can be pushed into an existing 4" soil pipe and the other end then has a widened collare to take a pipe. But that would mean the soil passing through a restriction first. Is that acceptable?

Spent afternoon chipping away concrete from foundation side soil pipe to give about 1.5" of soil pipe for a collar to fit over. The existing soil pipe is ceramic/stone- if I replace the damaged section must I use the same type of material or can I use a plastic fitting. how do I join to the other (downstream) part, which will be squared off using an angle grinder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back