Ferroli Falcon II - Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this combi 13 months. For the last 6 weeks I have had an intermittent problem that has now become permanent.

Whether using the central heating, or running hot water, the burner ignites for so long (20 - 30 secs), then goes out. A short while after, it ignites again and the cycle repeats endlessly. The radiators do heat up eventually, and so far have managed a hot bath every time I have needed one :)

Have read a lot of Ferroli threads on here and did see mention of thermistors failing. Would both go at the same time? - I would have thought this unusual.

I am open to all advice before I call someone in to have a look at it.

I am rather upset that I have got a problem after only 12 months use, (12 month warranty) and think maybe the best course of action is to call Ferroli for one of their Techs to visit, and then argue about whether I should pay or not.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Sponsored Links
I have a Ferolli Modena, the thermistors fail on a frequent basis evidently.
I have had 2 fail 1 on DHW & 1 on CH. quite a simple job to change. It is recommended by the experts to change both at the same time as they are linked in there operation . Check out local heating suppliers or internet for prices as they are only a couple of quid each.
First one that went on my boiler cost me £90 from a corgi.
JonB

Ferroli won't necessarily know exactly when it was installed, if you get my drift (they might ask to see the Benchmark log book though). I think normal practice is to take the manufacture date from the serial number and add maybe 18 months to allow for time in stock and warranty period.

Thanks for the replies folks.

chrishutt - I'm afraid Ferroli have all the details as I registered with them the date of installation (received an extended warranty pack offer from them a couple of months ago which I didn't take up!!)

I found the location of the thermistors in the manual and seems like an easy job - but I still think I will try it on with Ferroli - think I have a decent case - after all, I reckon a boiler should last more than a year before failing!

cheers

Sponsored Links
I reckon a boiler should last more than a year before failing!
Of course they should, but the fault might be caused by a poor installation. Typically iron oxide deposits from an old system that wasn't properly flushed will settle in and on various components in the boiler, leading to problems. If Ferroli find this to be the case, they might well charge you for the call out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back