Cylinder Lock

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I recently fitted a new door and frame to my firewood store. It came with hinges and the latch but no lock cylinder or handles so I had to buy those later. The cylinder lock seems to be the right overall length to fit with the ends flush to the surface of the cut-outs in the handles but when I screw in the fixing screw it only fits with the cylinder poking out too much on the outside and not enough on the inside. I tried inserting the cylinder either way round but it makes no difference. Do I need a different lock with the lever and screw hole offset toward one end?

P1010351_zps41030461.jpg

P1010352_zps1d46aa52.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need a new barrel with an off set fixing hole but i don't get why this is happening, assuming this is a mortice type lock then it should be in the centre of the stile, even if the door had a pvc type MPL this should still be routered out down the centre of the door so a barrel with equal lengths each side of the fixing hole should be ok, any photos of the lock itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back