Double pole switch location for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Is it ok to have the double pole switch in a different room from the shower,the shower unit is a triton ts300i remote control unit which will. Be located away from the shower room either in loft or a cupboard ,so no electrics in the shower cubicle .we already have a bathroom back to back to the shower room which originally had the shower installed and were the existing dp is.so idea was to leave it there and just put a new wire from original dp to new position of shower is this ok or must the dp be moved to another location.

Sponsored Links
It should be in a fairly logical place. Putting in a loft is totally inconvenient as no one would expect it to be there, and no one likes crawling around in a loft.

Putting it in a cupboard not behind a load of junk may be ok, if the cupboard is not to far away.

Obviously the best solution is a pull cord in the bathroom, or a wall switch just outside the bathroom, but I appreciate this is sometimes not practical.

Sorry not made my self clear,the heating unit is to go either into loft or in a cupboard as the shower is remote control.the dp is not going into cupboard or loft.My set up at the moment is a shower room backs directly onto my bathroom and this is were the dp is located at the moment and there will be no shower in bathroom only in new shower room,I just wanted to know if leaving the dp were it is now is allowable and just extending the existing 10mm cable from existing dp to new shower unit

That's clearer. I suppose you could leave it as it is. Is the existing switch in the bathroom a pull cord?

If the shower heater unit is in a cupboard or the loft, it may pay to fit an additional wall switch next to it as well, so it can be isolated for maintenance conveniently.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that,yes the original is a pull switch,it just saves having to re route everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back