16 year old needing help with painting a wall in my room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well its the holidays now and i guess the best way to spend my time is to invest in my room,so i bought a can of paint yesterday and started painting this morning. things didn't go the way i wanted,obviously, or else i wouldn't be here. hah, these are the problems i'm facing. first, abit of background info. i'm using a red nippon paint, 'super vinilex 5000', and having trouble painting just ONE wall.what seems to be the problem is that there are dark patches when the paint overlaps. i have done my research and have been told to paint the wall in squares (of sides approx 60cm) i did as i was told and what happen is that whenever i use the roller to paint a sqaure,there would be nothing at first, perfect. then traces of the roller would show up after a while, so what i get inside the square is dark and light patches and LINES. not only that, when i paint the second square, which will overlap the first square by a little, the overlaps will appear as DARK patches.

so i asked my dad after he got home from work, and he told me that to prevent the lines and dark patches,i need to paint the wall in a fixed number of strokes (down-up), and i cannot go back to the first strip after i have advanced to the fourth or so strip. he also mentioned that i CANNOT paint in squares or it will result in the dark overlaps like i got, that i need to paint from the ceiling to the floor IN ONE MOTION! it sounds pretty ridiculous to me, so here i am, looking for the correct way to PAINT A WALL. please, anyone who got advice, suggestions,experiences,techniques or even tricks, help me out here. thanks in advance for helping out or only reading this. ;)
(feel free to email me also, i'm looking forward to it,

which reminds me, should i mix my paint with water or do i use it fresh from the can? tell me how much water to add if so, thanks.

i feel the need to also tell u that before painting the wall red, i had painted the wall white first, and i didn't do a very good job at that either, there were lots of stripes also. i was thinking it might be a reason why there were stripes after i painted the wall red.

email address removed

Sponsored Links
Did anyone else recieve the 'pang boon' e mail?.....

I may be wrong but I reckon this is a hacker on someone on a phishing trip.....

rekon he should stik to his wok. suppose his next question will be whats your account no lol

lol. yes i did send you an email zampa,saw u ard helping ppl and thought u might help out here. hah ok seriously, i need help quick. got any suggestions on the proper way of painting a wall?

Sponsored Links
alright, it was indeed bad experience here at diynot.com . i won't be checking back here anymore, however if u think u can help me out here, do email me ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back