Bosch dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I just got a rather old dishwasher from some friends, it had been standing in storage for a while but was in daily use before it was put away. Its not a full 60cm washer, but one of those a little smaller.

My problem lies in that I cannot get water into the machine.

I have one of the double lines that goes to a square box at the end that you connect to the water outlet and a single line thats for water waste.

As I can find out, the pump in the dishwasher function perfectly as I tried just putting some water directly into the washer and it pumped it out and everything.

I hear the little pump thats connected to the water supply but nothing else happens.

Where might the problem be? I have had a look on the pump itself and as I see it I have to break some silicone to open it up and Im not willing to do that as long as Im not sure that thats where the problem lies. It looks like it is some sort of blockage in the line/pump as I don't hear much water go into it when I turn on the water supply and I don't hear the pump doing much..

Any ideas?
how is the best way to access the hose connection inside the machine ? or on the external pump assembly ?

Sponsored Links
water does not go into the machine through a pump, but through an electrically operated valve. Maybe your valve is stuck through lack of use.

Oh, ok. Just sounded like a pump or similar.
Is it a easy way to open it if it is stuck? or do I have to disemble the whole part? and if I have to open it up, do I need to reaply some silicone after I have opened it ?

Mine is doing the same. I have removed the connection for the water inlet and can see the electronic component to control the valve but don't know how to check if it is working or not.

Sponsored Links
The box is either the inlet valve or an aquastop device, it shouldn't make a noise like a pump. However, when you start the dishwasher the drain pump will run and it should take in water while it empties. This is to flush the stagnant water out.
Normally this type of inlet is connected via a float switch in the base, the idea being that if you get a leak into the base it cuts the power to the inlet vale or aquastop, thereby stopping the intake of water.
If yours is faulty you won't get any water in.
If you transported the dishwasher on it's side you'll need to check that there isn't water in the base and that the float hasn't stuck, activating the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back