Floppy door handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have several door handles which don't stay horizontal due to the failure of the spring inside the handle. The springs are steel wire approx 1mm gauge, 21mm diameter with 2 and a half turns. I cannot find spares in the DIY sheds or local ironmongers. Does anyone know of any online suppliers of these?

Sponsored Links
Do you have a picture that you can post ?

I've access to a number of different spring types, and also the spung steel to make them up - but would need to ID the spring first.

Sponsored Links
I've emailed photos to admin but don't know how long it'll take for them to be posted.

Looks like a '3 open coil', with 1/8th" between coils and 21mm diam.

I know of a supplier who does mail order - but I'm not sure if I can post his details here - no advertising rule. Can one of the Mods please advise ?

so long as you are not advertising something you are "connected to" it will be fine

Thanks.

The Spring Man
01527 892302

He's based in Worcestershire, and does a fantastic range of springs.

Best bet is to phone him, explain your requirement, and possibly send him one of your photo's to ensure correct match - Looking at his diagrams, I'm almost certain my description above is the one, but best to make sure before parting with your money.

Hope this helps.

Hi, we are local ironmongers and often buy handle springs for heavy handles or unsprung handles such as the hand forged stuff and mortice knobs. You should be able to find what you need at

If not try your local locksmith who should be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope that helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back