Bi folding french doors??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a pair of UPVc patio doors into a conservatory (used to be patio). One of the jobs on my list to to change these doors for timber glased french doors. My wife has it in her head that to gain back space she wishes to have folding or consatina doors.
Am I right in thinking that these doors are only suitable for internal applications and are not available draught proof or suitable for a very cold conservatory that we do not wish to heat 24/7. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I searched high and low and saw many systems when i purchased a folding door last year. I went to an exhibition and saw many companies exhibiting this type of door especially the jeld-wen system mentioned above. In the end I purchased a door from a company called ID systems who's product looked to have a higher level of weather tightness and security the jeld wen door looked nice but i was made aware that it was solid timber which is prone to warping where as there are timber systems available which are made of something called laminate, which is sections of solid timber glued together not its not a veneer or plastic coating which i originally thought! I was told this method of preparing the timber ensured it was stable and also made the frames nice and slim. I would certainly recommend to see the various bifolds before commiting! :LOL:

www.i-d-systems.co.uk

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back