Bosch pre wash light comming on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
During the wash cycle the pre wash light comes on and then the wash cycle goes wrong and the machine stops with the water still in and the machine thinks the wash has completed. Any ideas????
The Machine is a bosch WWF 2000

Sponsored Links
You may already have an answer, however, we had a similar problem and usually means the heating element has busted. If you replace it also do a clean out of all the pipes inside the machine. Apparently blocakges in these pipes can cause problems.

We has two elements go in quick succession and each time your symptons excatly.

Cheers

Hi Moosehead
I'm lucky we have two machines,but no I have not yet been been able to fix it. I've cleaned out the drsin at the bottom front panel also the clear plastic tank at the top of the machine located behind the powder tray,also the pipe that runs from that, to the pump I've not yet taken the pump apart but I think thats the next step unless you advice differently.when the wash strats and the programme begins to work the water does heat up ok,the problem appears later on when it needs to drain

Help!

it may be the pump then or alternatively something in the control panel.

Incidentally our motor just packed up and I replaced the brushes to no avail, so we are about to invest in a new machine. You would be welcome to canabalise our machine for spares if you like.

I am in the Chislehurst area.

Sponsored Links
Washer is now in the garage - will keep it there until next saturday when the dump beckons, so post if you want it.

So did we [obviously]. We went for an AEG this time - so far so good, wash is better, machine is quieter and higher spin speed. Thanks for your reply I'll not feel guilty about dumping it now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back