Newbie hi all quik question

Sponsored Links
I can't believe anyone would expose themselves to ridicule by asking such a question.
Do you understand what continuity is?

Qedelec said:
I can't believe anyone would expose themselves to ridicule by asking such a question.
Do you understand what continuity is?

I thought there was no such thing as a stupid question!

Sponsored Links
Oh well, guess thats another forum member lost, due to superb advice received!

i might have offered some advice, had he not deleted his post. One of the points of forums like these is so the info stays on for others to see and learn from.

So no-one is in any doubt, the OP asked why a conductor must be open ended in order to do a continuity test.
Now tell me was right to ask that question!!!

Thats not the point.

You could have just set the person straight. Mayve you were trying to, but it looks like they didnt stick around.

Remember this isnt some Electrical experts corner. This is a DIY corner!

Well - the evidence for him being a student was pretty non-existent. If he wasn't, though, it would have been easy for him to clarify.

But if he is a student it was a good reply.

If he's too lazy to find out the answer by looking at his textbooks or course notes, or asking the lecturer to explain then he deserves to be sent away with a flea in his ear.

If he really doesn't understand the books, notes, or what his lecturer is saying then something is going wrong. If he can only find out by coming here, then his lecturer is going to have a false impression about how well he's doing, and will also get a false impression about how well he himself is doing in imparting knowledge, and neither of those situations do anybody any favours.

ban-all-sheds said:
Well - the evidence for him being a student was pretty non-existent. If he wasn't, though, it would have been easy for him to clarify.

But if he is a student it was a good reply.

If he's too lazy to find out the answer by looking at his textbooks or course notes, or asking the lecturer to explain then he deserves to be sent away with a flea in his ear.

If he really doesn't understand the books, notes, or what his lecturer is saying then something is going wrong. If he can only find out by coming here, then his lecturer is going to have a false impression about how well he's doing, and will also get a false impression about how well he himself is doing in imparting knowledge, and neither of those situations do anybody any favours.

And guess what niether do you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back