Indesit W101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When switched on, the programme dial will click all the way round indefinately until it is switched off and left for a minute or so. It will do this 3 or 4 times, and then work normally.

Any advice? :mad:

Sponsored Links
When it's clicking round the light should be flashing. Count the flashes between pauses and post the result back here. The error code will be a guide to the problem.

Pull the plug before working on your appliance

Sorry. I'm not sure that I understand what you mean about the flashes between the pauses. It doesn't pause at all, the dial keeps going round until the machine is switched off.

:oops:

The red light will be flashing. It will flash a number of times, pause, then repeat the flashes. Count the flashes between pauses. Ignore the rotating dial, it's the light flashing that gives the error code

Unplug your appliance before working on it

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem. The red light flashes 8 times. Can you advise what's going wrong?

8 flashes is a heater fault. Could be the heater, connections to the heater, cable from heater to module or even the module itself.
Fault finding time I'm afraid. Try tapping the heater relay on the module if all else fails.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

It is also 8 flashes for me.

What does tap the heater relay on the module mean?

Exactly what it says. There's a relay on the module, give it a tap with the end of a screwdriver.................. A tap mind, not a thump. :D
Sometimes the relays can stick.

Unplug your appliance before working on it

Thanks for your help. It was a dryer temperature sensor. It's plastic case was warped by the heat so the cables lost their contact with the sensing element.

Now I see how useful is to know the error codes list. Is it possible to find it somewhere on the net? I was unable to find it myself.

I hope I know enough English words to describe it correctly :D

On the top of the washing drum, there is ventillator that blows the hot air through a metallic shaft during drying. In front of the ventillator, there is the heater. It is completely hidden inside the shaft, you can see only its contacts with connected wires. Between the contacts, there is a small plastic coin-like case sticked into the depression in the metallic shaft with two wires. It is the temperature sensor (I think so). In my case, the plastic case was released from the depression. There are two springs (under the plastic case) that should electrically connect the contacts with the sensing element. Because the case with contacts was released, the springs were not in contact with the sensing element any more. It was the problem in my case.

The module is the electronic module which controls your machine.

Hi there,

I have a similar problem with an Ariston AIB14. I have some dodgy relays. Does anyone know where I can get replacements..? The local 'engineers' keep sugesting buying a new board!?! They are intermittant at the minute and some slight physical intervention will usually get them clicking again but they need replacing.

Also does anyone happen to know which relay on this machines module does what..?

Thanks all
Rolf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back