Whirlpool Generation 2000+ Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My Whirlpool Oven has just tripped the circuit breaker and now won't work at all. After turning the power back on, the LCD display just reads STOP (which is normal after a power cut)) and I can't do anything with it. Before it tripped the power, it was making a tinny, rattling sound, seemingly coming from the fan.

Does this suggest the fan or oven element has gone or something different? I can't understand why, if it is the fan/element, the clock cannot even be set.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you
Maggie

Sponsored Links
A development when I tried oven today - everything but the actual heating of the oven is now working. The fan works, the grill, the clock, the light, but there is still a rattling noise after the oven has been on for 5 minutes or so, which sounds like it is in the top rather than the fan in the oven, and there is very little, if any, heat in the oven.

Does this now suggest that it is actually the oven element and, if so, is the rattling likely to be a cause or symptom of it?

Thanks
Maggie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back