Glow Worm Ultimate: Pilot light not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The system is around seven years old and this problem has been seen for most of that time. Usually though I just switch off the power to the control panel and when I switch back on the pilot light will light. This is now not happening although I can hear clicking as if the the signal to ignite is happening but it is just failing to do so. Very much appreciate any help, anyone can offer.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the ignition lead is arcing out on casing. Have senn it many times replace lead or move it usually cures said problem.

Thanks, this is all new to me, would the ignition cable be a heat resistant cable running into a blue block with a small spark/lightning symbol on it.

I think you may be thinking of the solenoid. Is this the blue box cover behind the gas valve with 2 screws in?, if so you may well find that the pilot solenoid isn't opening.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back