red painted walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I primed the walls and then painted them red (2 coats) and they are still not right they are darker in some places then others, you can still see some of the roll marks, what do you suggest. I was thinking maybe lightly sanding the areas that have to much paint and then paint them one more time. Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Make sure you have stir the paint plenty of time before using and if you're using more than 1 tin of paint,best to stir it altogether in a bigger tin.You might need a couple more coats to get the same colour as it should eventfully even out unless the paint is faulty.You don't say if it's for internal or external wall and what sort of paint it is etc...........

The roll marks is usually too much paint on the roller or squashing it too hard on the walls.

Thanks for your help, the paint is interior (livingroom walls) and its a satin finish.

Hey Frances -

I am in the same boat as you ..have done 2 coats now using eggshell finish...wondering how you get on as i'm at the point of just going back to the original boring as i'm extremely frustrated..

also can you tell me how you did the edges...as that's been another problem area.....did u end up using a regular roller for the next coat

thanks

Alan

Sponsored Links
sorry AlanB :( it is unlikely frances will reply since he posted in October 2003, and his posting total is 2 (look under his name) and both posts are there for you to see.

May i suggest that you start a new topic in the decorating forum which you can get to by clicking here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back