fan motor for zanussi w/d

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a zanussi w/d 1250 wjs1397w washer dryer that makes noises when it drys...rather like a continuous droaning noise. The noises dont start when first used but generally come on after say 20 mins or so...then they last forever!! Tiredengineer suggested i replace the fan motor for the heater in a prev post but i'm not sure where it is or how to replace it. Any help would be much appreciated!!...
Also, the machine is 5 years old but in excellent condition (this is the first prob i've had) should i just replace the machine altogether?

Sponsored Links
Remove lid ,fan and fan motor sited rear right of machine.Take small elastic drive belt off run on dry cycle to identify noise from fan or from fan motor.Good machine worth saving

Sponsored Links
ok..i've tried what was suggested..after taking the lid off i removed the belt connecting the fan motor..the noise still occurred.

it also seemed to be coming from a much more central place..ie where the drum is. Is it possible that the drum bearings are on there way out....but then why would it only make a noise 30mins into drying?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back