Baxi Bahama 100 cuts out after 20 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem with my Baxi Bahama 100 Combi boiler. It turns on and runs for about 20 seconds and then cuts out. It then relights after about 2 minutes and then cuts out again. I have replaced the flame sensing electrode however this has made no difference.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I would use a flame simulation circuit to see if the PCB is faulty.

However the flame failure is a CORGI engineer activity so I cannot give you much direct advice unless you are registered.

Tony

In your opinion would it be the PCB that would need replacing? I was hoping that it would be something that could be fixed without a part so that I had heat for Christmas. Thanks Steve

I have no idea!

It could something to do with the system that monitors the fan performance.

To come to any conclusion I would need about six minutes in front of the boiler wearing my CORGI card on a chain round my neck!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Download boiler fault finding from,Parts Arena,on Baxi website.Majority of problems on bahama boiler are due to water flow switches,originally designed to be used in air flow,but in their infinate wisdom Baxi decided to use them in this boiler.Alternativeley you can obtain a fixed price guaranteed repair from HEATEAM ,or British Gas.

Whilst thats usually true, in this particular case it sounds as if it may NOT be the magnetic flow switches.

I dont think you should really blame poor Baxi about the design of this boiler. Try looking on the other side of the chanel! Begins with "C".

Tony

Sorry Chris!

I put TWO "n"s but then deleted one!

Maybe its the effect of new supplies of Dumisani ?

Tony

Its better not to confuse him or anyone else!

The sticky diverter valve is in a Potty Puma.

This is a flame, detection or ( more likely ) air flow problem in a Baxi Bahama !

Tony

Had an engineer out to have a look at it and it looks like it is the PCB that needs replacing. The relay seems to spark when the flames cut out.

Does anyone know if you can just swap the relay on this model or do you need to replace the whole board? Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back