Glow worm 30ci poor hot water, ch ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not worked on these boilers much can hear div valve motor working, also when it does it sounds noisy, when running hw only the ch flow pipe gets hot, close of the ch flow on its isolator the burner modulates lower and the dhe stays cold on both entry exit, hot water temp still poor.
I think the div valve is stuck on ch but may also have blocked dhe, do the div valves go on these boilers regular, looks like a difficult to change them.

Any ideas or shall i buy div valve + dhe to be sure ?

Sponsored Links
you can buy the cartridge seperately i changed one yesterday because it was spinning and noisey try pushing the pin in manually with the tap running might free it they normally go becuase of muck in the syst. so iwould check the dhw h/exch. as well once youve changed one fairly easy first time a bit daunting as they can be difficult to line up better if you have plenty of room on the l/h side use a small thin screwdriver to guide the l/h assembly in.

forgot to mention they have had problem with the by-pass letting bye so it may need changing as well.

Thanks for that will try to change just the cartridge, the system is reasonably clean and dosed with x100.

Sponsored Links
So many problems with blocked dhw hx's on these new glowworms it's ridiculous. They look quite tricky but are pretty well designed and a piece of cake to swap. They tend to block with scale flaking off the pipes after they have been cleaned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back