Air lock in cc1 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Weve been fitting new bathroom and one of the jobs was to fit towell rail.

Over the weekend we got call that boiler wasnt working.
We couldnt get to job so a local firm did the job instead.

They got the boiler working again, until i dropped pressure for the second time to fit rad valves.
All i did was turn the return off, by the boiler valve and dropped the pressure without having to drain the full system.

Well, what do you think happened? Yea? Boiler ****ed me about for 2 1/2 hrs.
I couldnt for the life of me get the air lock out. 8pm at night, and so much for our early finish.
So as well as the air lock i still had finishing work to do in bathroom.....Gutted!!

Finally!!............I turned boiler on and off for the 50th time and it went to low rate and stayed there for 20 mins or so..........Thank God!

QUESTION>>>>>>>>>>Is there a easier way to get this boiler vented and working faster?? As there was no auto air vent on expansion vessel, like the instructions showed. I had every union and valve on boiler cracked open to try and release air????
The air was trapped in heat exchanger..................boilers working again, but after alot of effort.

Any Advice greatly appreciated for future side step of problems!!!

Boiler was a British Gas CC1 (Greenstar???)

Sponsored Links
The only AAV should be on top of the Expansion vessel. Ive never seen one that hasnt had one there.

The boiler goes to low rate after the mains has been disconnected in order to refill the condensate trap.

It is possible to bypass that time on low power.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back