SIME 90 super Combi Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a SIME 90 Super combi boiler that has the following problem.

It seems to work correctly most times heating the radiator system and water. On some occasions it takes a long time to heat up water (about 10 minutes). I have checked the combi boiler when this happens and it sounds and looks like the heater element (flame) is constantly igniting and almost immediately going off and the element is re-ignited immediatly. It seems to loop on this cycle for ages and eventually it starts to work normally again. I have had a british gas engineer out to inspect it and service it but the problem is still there. I think the engineer thinks i am making this up. any ideas as to what may be causing this problem. Much appreciated.

dean

Sponsored Links
How does the air pressure switch work on a SIME combi boiler? Is there a water pressure sensor and is it possible that the thermostat is causing this problem?

Hi licherid, I have exactly the same fault, did you get it fixed in the end. I would appreciate any help so I can point my boiler engineer in the right direction.

Thanks for any help in advance

Keith

Sponsored Links
I expect that I know what the problem is but I am not willing to advise anyone who is not CORGI registered as safety aspects apply.

You are welcome to get any CORGI reg person to telephone me for help from in front of the boiler.

Look in my profile or do a search on the web for my number.

Tony Glazier

Thanks for the offer Tony, I shall look up your details and ask my engineer if he wouldnt mind calling you.

Thanks again

Keith

I have an update on this problem.

It was due to the flame sensor not working correctly, this has now been changed and the boler works wonders. Just like new. It cost me £11.00 for the part and a tenner to fit it (by a corgi registered friend).

I have full schemativs of the boiler should anybody need them. Email me at [email protected]

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back