Low System Water Preasure - Valliant ecoTEC Fault F.22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new boiler put in last week. Because of holidays I can't get hold of the fitter. The boiler is a valliant ecotec. It is deisplaying fault F.22 and the manual says This is a dry fire fault and that "You can only start up the appliance again when the heating system is sufficently filled with water". Don't know how to fill system with water????

We have no hotwater, heating and no one is avaliable(busy time of year). So if anyone could help it would be appreciated because the snow is quite deep outside!

Sponsored Links
This fault code is activated because of a similar temperature measurement by sensors on the flow and return which are assumed to be caused by no water in the system ( or no flow ).

The first thing is to check the system pressure is between 1 Bar and 2 Bar. If not, top it up with the filling loop as the installer instructed you to do (?). It should be a flexible hose with a black plastic knob at each end IF he has used the correct water regs compliant one!

If the water pressure is correct then remove mains supply from boiler for a few minutes and see if it works when repowered.

If it repeats the same fault code then the pump may have seized up and needs to be "spun" by removing the big screw in the middle and freeing the rotor with a smaller flat bladed screwdriver. Perhaps he did not power flush the system properly.

The installer should have given you a contact number for assistance over the holiday !!! Pretty poor show in my view.

Tony Glazier

Thank you for your reply. System preasure is 0.3 bar. we don't have a filling loop and installer never instructed us to do anything. We did have two telephone numbers for him but they both go onto answer phones. I think this is understandable because he might be away and was able to install it before Christmas. We do have Valliants number and will try what you have said or wait, unless you have advice on what to do with out the hose? Thanks, again. Yours, Sam.

Your boiler may have a built in filling loop but check in the instruction book. If its the combi version then you fill probably from underneath on two different flat screwdriver operated valves. You might have to remove the bottom cover plate. It should be covered in the instructions.

If its not a combi then it probably does not have a built in filling loop!

If you call from a disclosed BT number from in front of the boiler then I will talk you through what you need to do. You can trace my number from my profile here.

Are you in Whitnash?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ecotec? Look underneath to the left. You'll see the silver loop and you should have two grey keys( maybe still in place) to operate the valves. Filling instructions are in the manual.

I live in Shenfield, if someone can fix it great my name is Dave Winstone and I am on I also need the flu to be re-positioned as current location not ideal, also may need another radiator

Hello,

I had the same problem, looked for help here and other places, didn't find anything that looked as though i could do it myself. Got someone to come look at it. Turns out, there are 2 white knobs on the underside of the boiler. turn them both 90 degrees, watch the pressure gage, should start to go up, wait till it is in the middle of the dark grey section, turn them back off, turn the boiler off and on again by the mains and press reset. Tool all of three seconds, hope that helps.

I would hope that he has sorted in by now, it was 3 years ago :eek:

I am having this problem at the moment.

Can't see any taps on the filling loop. Does anyone know what I should be turning to let the water in?

Thanks.

boilervalvelh6.jpg

boilervalve2qv1.jpg

Can I break it if I turn the wrong screw/tap?

there's a flat blade screw head on the valve on the end of the silver hose(upper right in photo), turn it to increase the pressure, make sure you turn back off when it gets between 1 and 2.
Classy pipework btw :LOL:

Top picture right side there is a screwdrived slot.

Turn it until pressure at 1.5 Bar then you MUST close it to the original position.

Tony

Thanks to Machomanash on the F22 fault. Saved our bacon with two small kids in the house. Fixed this fault a treat. Shows that you can update the technology all you like, the system will still ned an eye keeping on the pressure. No thanks to British Gas with their "call us out anytime except for a Saturday Sunday bank holiday etc."

I saw a British Gas van going to a luxury house in Mill Hill on New Year's Day morning.

Perhaps it was a private job in the employers van though?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back