resetting the pressure on potterton profile e60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and merry christmas,
I've done a search but no joy on this. my Last night i bled 1 rad that was making lots of bubbling noises and took out quite a large amount of air (60 secs) and heat then flowed to top of rad so all good i thought. heating was left on all night however this morning boiler was not working so think i've knackered the pressure? switching on/off does not turnover or ignite system ..nothing happening. unit is at least 10years old and i can't see any obvious dials or pressure meters or even reset switches.

so question is do you think this could be related to pressure and if so how do i reset this type of boiler if poss.

thks
stuart

Sponsored Links
is it a sealed or open system if open you'll have a small tank at high point of system (usually in loft) if it is sealed you'll hav an expansion vessel sometimes with the guage & filling loop together if so check reference section for instructions of how to repressusise

thks for the reply. i have the open system ie 2 tanks in loft and no pressure meters, knobs etc on system. i read the filling loop post but am still unsure how i can raise the pressure myself if possible? any ideas pls.

On potterto profile there is a small reset underneath through the plastic trim try pressing the button to reset & turn blr stat down a bit

Sponsored Links
ok thks found the reset switch and boiler has kick started. would anyone suggest anything else i need to do. (small amount of water dripping from pipe behind boiler but dissapating.

Sounds like the ball valve in the small tank in the loft is stuck (system not topping up) or worst case cold feed is blocked.

Sounds like the ball valve in the small tank in the loft is stuck (system not topping up) or worst case cold feed is blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back