Ravenheat Combi cycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler warms radiators up from cold ok but then starts cycling on and off every 20 seconds, room stat never reaches correct room temp, boiler should have 3min anti cycle timer but does not appear to be working for some reason (pump set to maximum flow, boiler only 13 months old)
Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
I cannot guess what is the problem with your model without seeing it. Perhaps the flow rate is reduced for some reason?

A few months ago I did a Landlords Certificate for one and noted the anti cycle was not operating. I could not find anything about it in the MI.

Since I was not repairing the boiler I could not expend the time researching the problem and suggested the Landlord did so but never heard from him again on the topic.

We rarely hear from anyone here who works for Ravenheat. I used to be enthusiastic about their products but since they have not listed us as a service agent, despite reminders, I am becoming less encouraged.

Tony

CH thermistor The one on the right with the green connection.

I used to be enthusiastic about their products but since they have not listed us as a service agent, despite reminders, I am becoming less encouraged.
I had no problem getting on. I've had four jobs off them and guess what?
They were all CH thermistors :!: :!: :!:

I am sure they would list us if only John Wilson's secretary sorted herself out. Even Louis used to recognise me at the shows!

I do have to say that I was rather reluctant to be listed in case they referred too many jobs on aging 820s. I find changing diverters a real pain and so many times after doing that I only find the HE is badly scaled up.

Now what about the anti cycle not operating?

Tony

Sponsored Links
The anti cycle will only work if the return temp does not drop much in the 3 mins , if temp does drop it will keep cycling i have had this and spoke to them about it they say thats the design . this might be no use if your house is cold could be a flow problem ,or a sensor.

regards paul

Worth doing the thermister anyway. it's one of those 'If it hadnt gone it will go soon enough anyway' jobs and it doesnt cost much. If it doesnt do the trick then thats when you start looking for an obstruction in the HE circuit, usually on the top connection of the DV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back