Kenmore Dishwasher Leaks at door lower hinge location

CES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kenmore Dishwasher, Model 665-1671590. Older model recently begun leaking water from lower right-hand side of door at hinge area, but only during the first 15 to 20 seconds of operation. Door seal had some hard calcium deposits. Cleaned seal for improved sealing. Leak continues. Removed plastic door shell. Nothing obvious. Cleaned off alot of grime and deposit build up on soap dispenser. Reassembled. Still, water leaks in same area when first energized. I am not convinced it is a seal problem. Bottom of inner door shell is not sealed by design. Is it possible that water is being sprayed toward this vulnerable area allowing water to rush up the inner door shell and out over the hinge and onto to floor? Looking for advice. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
It sounds like we are having the same problem (except that ours only does it when we have guests over :oops: ). I was wondering if you had solved the mystery...

Thank you for inquiring. Sorry to say I have not as of yet resolved the problem, after having spent a great deal of time diagnosing the problem. My wife continues to catch the water with a towel under the leaking area since it only leaks the first few seconds when first turning the dishwasher on. Should I resolve the problem and find the root cause, I will be post that information thereafter.
Cheers!

we are having the same problem I was thinking it might be the water level needs to be turned down a touch. when i fill the washer and it starts the cycle it seems to be awful close to the bottom lip of the door but i can't find any info on how to adjust the water level. or maybe i'm all wet.

Sponsored Links
We are having same problem. Paid Sears Repair $80.00 and they didn't do anything. Said door gasket had some soap scum on it and the matching satinless steel surface. We cleaned it like he said. Put Pam on the gasket like he said. Still leaks. Redid the cleaning part several time, put vinegar in bottom full of water and let set for several hours to remove any lime deposits, like repairman suggested. Still leaks. Best results have been to coat gasket with petroleum jelly. This lasts for one load then it leaks again. Any one have any ideas except junk it an buy a different brand. The unit is about 15 months old.

i am presently working on the same problem for a friend. he told me that he had water leaking from the bottom of the door only after the first cycle had begun. I removed the door gasket re-greased and replaced it, no success. i removed the inner door panel for inspection purposes, and found nothing wrong. i removed the front door cover. when i turned on the cleaning cycle, i observed water splashing out from the right bottom inner panel, through the vent holes. the splashing seemed to be occuring on a oscilating cycle, leading me to beleive that the bottom sprayer is creating a wake of water that eventually splashes against the bottom inner panel vent grill. i think the float switch i not working properly, allowing too much water into that cycle. i will test the switch to see if it functions properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back