chaff brittony 2t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
replaced a diaphgram in a brittony 2t is it supposed to have a gasket as well as its now leaking. It has a water section repair kit in place and the body is brass. But didn\\\'t seem to have a gasket when it came off! Just a worn rubber diaphgram

Sponsored Links
The rubber diaphragm IS the gasket!

Is this a DIY repair?

Tony

No but what made me wonder was that i remember a gasket being on 1 i changed a while ago. i've put a new diaphragm in the right way but water keeps seeping out all round the sides of the housing its the correct diaphragm and the fitting is secure i.e all six screws are tight but why is it leaking so badly? i can't seem to sucess it out! it can't be that hard surley. its all lined up correctly the screws are tight as can be as mentioned it has a new water section repair kit in place.Should i be using some kind of sealant around the rim of the housing?

I had one of those leak once.

Its very important to offer it up evenly and then tighten the screws in diagonal succession like a car cylinder head.

I always dry the mating surfaces and use silicone grease on both mating surfaces.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I would double check the diaphragm and make sure it is the correct one. I am sure the diaphragms for the celtic combi where very similar but where not inter changable.

I put a second-hand Water section on the damn thing and it worked. Your right about the Diaphragms being very similar for the Celtic and The Brittony 2T. Thanks All :D

So what is the conclusion ???

Were you using the wrong diaphragm?

Tony

No correct Diaphragm, I got a Second- Hand water section of a scrapped Brittony 2T and replaced along with the Diaphragm and it worked ok i think looking at the old 1 it was slighty distorted and wasn't sitting quite true. All ok now and it fired up great guns and flow and temp ok. Above all i was glad to finish that job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back