Any suggestions for covering a DPC please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house has a felt DPC which is the type containing asbestos (we had it tested) unfortunately the builder left it proud of the brickwork in lots of places.

The widest is about 15mm but most about 5mm proud of the brickwork. Now I know as asbestos materials go it is considered low risk, but the edges do get weathered so when the grandkids come over I have nightmares about them scraping against it! We do keep them away from the house itself and down the garden where we only have the poisonous plants, cat poo and greenhouse glass to worry about :confused:

I have tried trimming off with a Stanley knife which is how we got the sample, but it’s actually more difficult than it sounds, the stuff is tough as old boots and the brickwork blunts the edge in no time I wrecked a blade just trimming off a couple of inches.
I was wondering if there is any kind of purpose made drip strip that would fit above and perhaps just cover the raw edges that would not look out of place, any ideas would be welcome please.

Sponsored Links
How about making it very wet so it does not produce any dust and then try to cut it with a pair of side cutters.

Thanks for the quick reply conny, I really want to cut it back flush to the pointing which is a tad under the face of the bricks.

Sponsored Links
Is that all you have to worry about? Just leave it `- it's not a problem!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back