Mira Sprint 8.5kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Mira Sprint about 6 months old, used probably less than 15 times is now cutting out after about 5-8 seconds after turning it on.

I can't find the receipt or warranty at present but will try phoning Mira anyway. From what i can tell, is either the latching switch (?) or pressure valve. The circuit is not tripping, and no warning lights. It just turns itself off.

The prior shower, Mira (Sport, circa 1994) failed due to "low pressure" light being on constantly.

Seems odd the new shower failed so soon - do they not like being used (spare bathroom so not used much) or could it be something to do with prior shower failing - or just random, or cr** shower?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
It could be the solenoid valve that is faulty, if the shower works for a short period then stops, if you leave for a period does start back up again?

As it is only 6 months old, will still be under manufactures warranty, so give them a call and tell them when and where it was purchased and you should be okay, on the odd occasion I have lost proof of purchase, it has not been a problem, but I tend to register straight after purchase for warranty.

Only just had time to reply - thanks, but no the shower does not start up again. I have contacted Mira, will see what they say.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back