Top up Vaillant Combi.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all - Can anyone help please ?
I have a Vaillant combi boiler and the pressure on the gauge is very low. I have had a look in the bottom of the Boiler for a top up valve, but can't find one (I don't know the model number and don't have a book)
The question is - Can I top the system up by manually putting water into a Radiator ? I know it's an arse about face way of doing things, but without being able to find the top up valve, it's all I have at the moment !!!
Thanks for any help. :D

Sponsored Links
Or could this be what I am looking for on the Boiler ? Not a great pic, but it is a 13mm (ish) nut, and a brass screw (slotted)
The bottom panel of the boiler has a cut out to allow easy access.

boiler.jpg

kevplumb said:
no that is NOT the filling point it looks like the water governor

depending on the model you may need a key ;)

Cheers Kev :D

How about refilling through a Rad ? Is this possible / good idea / dangerous / most stupid thing you have ever heard :oops:

Sponsored Links
What Model is the boiler? It must have filling device somewhere either on boiler or on the system pipework somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back