Sime Friendly Format 80e DHW Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have inherited the above boiler with the house I bought.

All was fine till recently, after I moved a rad in the bathroom (hence draining system) the heating works fine in all rads, but DHW seems to be fine if the Roomstat is calling for heat.

But if the Roomstat isn't calling for heat then obviously the boiler isn't firing. When I then turn on a hot tap the boiler fires for about 10 seconds or so, then ****s off. This doesn't happen with the bath tap or the kitchen tap which both operate the boiler as they should. It's only basin taps, and the thermostatic shower that causes this problem. It seems as though the boiler isn't detecting the flow correctly.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Rubber Diaphragm in diverter valve - they split.

Thanks for your reply, is it possible that draining the system to change the rad showed this problem up, or made it worse?

I take it that to replace this it is take the diverter valve out and then the number of screws on the circly thingy hold the diaphram in place?

a) No.

b) Usually do them in situ, but we have serious toolkits. Get a copy of the manual anyway.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back